Many people think that dental examinations are not necessary, as they take excellent care of their teeth and oral health through regular brushing and flossing. This is not true. In fact, there are many dental problems which are not visible to the naked, but they can be easily diagnosed by your dentist during a routine checkup. Therefore, you should make sure that you visit your dentist regularly.
Dental Examinations at Metro Dental
At Metro Dental, we have a strong belief that prevention is always better than cure. That is why we conduct regular dental examinations of our patients during routine checkups. In this way, we can diagnose and treat dental problems in their early stages, before they can cause permanent damage to your teeth and your beautiful smile.
How Often Should I Visit for Dental Examination?
For most people, visiting us twice a year for a dental checkup is enough. For other high-risk patients, more frequent visits may be required so that their oral health status can be closely monitored. Your dentist is the best person to decide the frequency of your visits for checkups. Some of the high-risk dental patients include those who are:
- Having poor oral hygiene
- Diabetics, especially those who have a history of prolonged uncontrolled diabetes
- Having existing gum or periodontal problems
- Suffering from diseases which affect the immune system like HIV or auto-immune conditions
- Suffering from underlying chronic medical conditions like Hepatitis
What Will Happen During a Routine Dental Examination?
When you visit us for routine dental checkup, we will perform a detailed examination of your teeth, oral cavity and associated structures like the neck and face. We will note down any underlying dental problems you might be having, and we will inform you about them after the examination along with recommendations regarding their treatment.
- Preventive Dental Treatment – In case of children and adults who are at a higher risk of getting teeth cavities, we will protect their teeth with dental sealants. We will also use fluoride treatment with gels or varnishes to make your teeth stronger and more resistant against teeth cavities.
- Oral Hygiene Instructions – during routine exams, we also educate our patients regarding the correct method of brushing and flossing, so that they can maintain optimal oral hygiene.
- Dietary Recommendations – during an examination, we will also provide you with information regarding the food choices which are best for your oral health and teeth.
- Cancer Screening – another important aspect of routine examinations is that we also perform cancer screening during each visit. If any suspicious swelling is found, it is immediately sent for further investigation so that early detection and treatment of oral cancer is possible.
At Metro Dental, our aim is to give a beautiful smile to our esteemed patients. This is only possible if you visit us regularly for dental checkups. So, act now and book an appointment with us today. We look forward to seeing you!